Tuesday 17 April 2012

New Haircare Products

Evening lovelies,

After scouring every local Boots to find Batisse dry Shampoo in Cherry, I finally found it in my Guildford store. Had to have it, never been in to dry shampoos before, but to have my hair smelling like cherries, I couldn't resist. Havan't tried it yet on my hair, but it smells divine.


I decided to take advantage of the Boots 3 for 2 and try some new hair care bits. I've always been a fan of Umberto Gianni, when I attempt to make my hair curly, I always use the Flirty Curls Scrunching Jelly and the Shapely Curls Mouse. I decided to pick up the Old School Setting Lotion for Big Hair to use with my bendy rollers overnight for a 50's set and the Backcomb in a Bottle. I love the packaging of both, the look gorgeous on my newly painted drawers



Today I tried the Backcomb in a Bottle. This is supposed to give your hair volume and texture without resorting to backcombing. You spray onto the roots from about 6 inches away and "jujj" your hair up. I agree it gave my hair volume and texture, but perhaps not to the extremes it suggests. I love volume but try to avoid backcombing when I can to save my hair, so I was hoping for a little more. I expect the best results come from mixing with volume boosting shampoo and conditioner - I used my Naturtint shampoo and conditioner this time, as my scalp was feeling a little itchy.



Below you can see the before and after - there defitetely is a difference, and bear in mind, I did this pretty roughly and quickly - with more effort, I probably could have got more volume. The colour of the pictures came out awful so yes, they are altered in that respect
                                                                  BEFORE
                                                                 AFTER

Have you tried any Umberto Gianni products?
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment